UK Vapour Brands Limited trading as Wismec UK ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is UK Vapour Brands Limited, The Old Fire Station, Manchester Road, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 2BH
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://www.wismec.co.uk/ (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Wismec UK Cookies
This set of cookies are used for the login to the private pages on the Wismec UK website, and to define the functionality and the pages available to the connected user
These cookies set the status profile of users connected to Wismec UK.
Third Party Cookies
2 years Wismec UK uses Google Analytics for anonymous information about the use of the website (statistical data), such as the visit session, identify unique visitors, traffic source, etc.
These cookies are used by the social links sharing service AddThis, included on Wismec UK's web pages in order to give visitors the option to recommend our website content on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Cookies used by the Google +1 sharing button, and is required for linking content to Google +1 account.
|Session*||This cookie is set by the Wismec UK shopping cart and login system to enable the persistence of your cart and login session throughout your visit.|
|These cookies are used by our livechat service|
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To undertake searches with Veritad (or any other 3rd party age verification service) for the purposes of verifying your identity and age. To do so Veritad (or any other 3rd party age verification service) may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise to which they have access). They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To third party age verification service providers to enable us to verify your age.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If UK Vapour Brands Limited trading as Wismec UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be made using PayPal (or other secured merchant services providers).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to withdraw any previous consent given to us, to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or changing your settings once logged into your account on our website. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Old Fire Station, Manchester Road, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 2BHor firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to access information held about you, amend any inaccurate information or request us to delete all or certain of the information we hold about you. You can contact us at The Old Fire Station, Manchester Road, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 2BHor email@example.com.